We are not born knowing how to become Healthy Survivors. We aren't taught in school how to get good care and live as fully as possible when living with, through and beyond cancer or other serious illness. I wish we were.
Today, people diagnosed with life-threatening or life-altering disease don't have to figure it out for themselves. They have access to a bounty of educational riches, including the Cancer Survival Toolbox available free of charge from the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) at www.canceradvocacy.org.
This award-winning resource is a set of audio CDs designed to help people develop the important skills needed to get good care, the first criterion of Healthy Survivorship.
From the cover:
- Audio CDs that let you listen and learn from survivors....
- Full of practical tips and strategies
- [F]or people at any stage of cancer survivorship
These are the CD titles:
- Finding Information
- Making Decisions
- Solving Problems
- Standing Up for Your Rights
- First STeps for the Newly Diagnosed
- Topics for Older Persons
- Finding Ways to Pay for Care
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Living Beyond Cancer, Part 1 and Part 2
- Dying Well -- The Final Stage of Survivorship
If you know someone newly diagnosed with cancer or challenged by the demands, changes and losses of his or her survivorship, steer them to this fabulous resource and help them become Healthy Survivors.